The 19th National Health Summit returns as a live event to Dublin’s Croke Park Conference Centre on 8 February 2023, for the first time after a three-year hiatus.
The annual health summit will share best practice and explore the wider opportunities and issues facing the healthcare system, and how these affect staff, patients, and communities. It will bring together health service leaders to explore the impact of current reforms on service delivery and share experiences of those working on the ground in this healthcare system.
With healthcare undergoing fundamental change and facing profound challenges as it continues to deal with the impact of Covid-19, this has exacerbated the workforce crisis, access to treatment and health inequalities.
The Government’s ten-year policy roadmap to deliver whole system reform and universal healthcare – Sláintecare – is supposed to be halfway through its implementation. However, due to the pandemic and the subsequent loss of key personnel involved in its delivery, such reforms have been delayed.
The 19th National Health Summit will feature plenary sessions and dedicated conference tracks to address some of the following issues:
- Where are we now on the Sláintecare roadmap, the reality of what healthcare looks like and the key challenges going forward?
- Is the consensus holding on full implementation of Sláintecare?
- Healthcare delivery in a world transformed by crisis: What will the new reality look like by the end of the decade? What will be the lasting impact of the pandemic?
- What does the rising cost of livingand a fall in living standards mean for the healthcare system?
- Supporting primary care and building on what works.
- Leading complex system changeand realising the potential of integrated care to improve service design and delivery.
- Unleashing the power of regional and local leadership, the role of regional healthcare organisations and the relationship between national, regional and local bodies.
- Culture, training and development – supporting recruitment and retention
- How the health system can support prevention and health improvement
- The rise of remote care andhow telehealth is reshaping healthcare in Ireland.
- What are the most promising healthcare technologiesthat will transform care?